Thursday, June 01, 2006

Quote


"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small
does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so
that other people won't feel unsure around you. We were born to make
manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us,
it is in everyone."
Comments?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So…when someone tells me they’re looking for a person who resembles the young men described in Daniel 1:4, and I immediately take inventory of my deficiencies in the Babylonian language and literature…

How would you define humility, exactly?

Jed Carosaari said...

Who am I to be brillian, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Why, al Muhib of course- the Lover, and God's gift to women.

Melissa said...

Excellent quote. Who's it by?

E.T. said...

Hmmmm. Interesting comments so far. There is such a fine line between glorifying God with our gifts and gloriying ourselves. The difference is in the point of view, in the heart, in the motives. How do we keep from crossing that line into self-glory, and when we do, how do we cross back into glorifying God? By praying, surrendering, using our gifts, and continuing to pray. I sure do wish that this was easier done than said!

ST said...

the quote is by Marianne Williamson