Friday, July 14, 2006

Recipe Website

Hey I thought of a great idea for a website. It is probably already out
there somewhere, I just don't know where. Its a recipe website, but it
searches recipe for items that you already have in your house. I have recipe
books (believe it or not) so many times I ain't got what they require and
there's just alot of searching involved. So on this website you can input
what you have, lets say: chicken and potatoes, and then the website would
give you possible dishes with just chicken and potatoes, then there would be
a link "can you run to the local hanoot real fast?" and it would have other
recipes that require a few more items than just chicken and potatoes, but
items easily gotten here. Then maybe another link 'full board' where you are
preparing a full course meal and it would give you options and what to buy,
all of this of course for items you can get in the 3rd world, or offering
replacement items, "don't have this item?try this and this item to replace
it in the recipe". I mean a standard Betty Crocker comes close to what I
want of course, but to be able to narrow down recipes to exactly what I have
in my house and using items easily gotten over here would be really neat.
What do you think? Am I just lazy?
--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.0/388 - Release Date: 7/13/2006

6 comments:

E.T. said...

That would be AWESOME! :) There are times when I'm wanting to make something...BUT, I'm missing that one KEY ingredient that's just not worth the time and the taxi rideS to fetch. Argh!

E.T. said...

Oh, and concerning laziness: Practicality and efficiency involved in such an idea might make up for laziness a little bit. Think of the precious time you could save in not having to walk to the nearby market and back. :)

Bequita17 said...

yeah, along with that can we get Marjane to start a grocery delivery service???

Melissa said...

Heck...that happens to me quite often in the States (and it's _always_ very annoying!). Someone should sell the idea to Williams-Sonoma or someone. At the very least they can do some "I have these ingredients" search option on their CD cookbooks.

Mel said...

you have way too much time on your hands...

ST said...

Thanks Jill! That is an impressive website.