Friday, November 03, 2006

Sprained?

Well finally went to the doctor about my ankle that I turned three weeks ago. I was still having pain in my ankle when I turned it certain ways, but could walk on it just fine. So I thought I should go have it checked out, just incase it was some hairline fracture or something that could come back and bite me later in life. So me and a friend (me armed with arabic, him with french) who is having some wrist problems went to take on the clinic. The doctor didn't speak much english, but I think I understood the important bits like, "why didn't you come when it happened?" "Did you hear a *snap*?" Something I did misunderstand was this blue thing on my leg now. I thought I heard it was 'too late' to put on a cast, but I guess it was you came really late, but we can still manage a cast. He took x-rays. He said they looked great as he was putting on the cast....this seemed to baffle me, but he's the doc, right? But I have heard that most Docs around here like to immobilize things even if it is a just a sprain. So I will be in a cast for 3 weeks then a month of rehab. I have a 'walking cast' meaning I am not on crutches, but cannot walk directly on the cast itself, so the doctor offered me a boot, but they didn't have one big enough for my foot. But they said I can get one at most Pharmacies, but they lied. I did manage to find one. Then I have to take this anti-coagulant injection (oh fun, needles) everyday and give a sample of my blood after 10 days. I was told not to sit at a desk for long periods of time, and to do alot of walking around. I am guessing this is to avoid bloodclots in my legs. Not sure how to go about getting my blood drawn, but I am sure there are labs close by that take your blood. Anyway, what an adventure, I go in walking, come out in a wheel chair. My friend had a good laugh about it. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang Scot! That must have been one wild costume party.