Thursday, May 04, 2006

Weekend in Chef Chaouen (Look at the the Peaks)

This is me on I think my first road trip in Morocco! It was a fun drive getting to know the people in my car a little better.It was about a 6 hour trip there. We went in to this mountain city called 'chef choauen'-pronounced like the french 'ch' or an american 'sh' which means 'look at the peaks'. The city has only been known to the west since 1920, when some europeans disguised themselves and entered the city. One of them didn't make it out alive. But its much safer now :)
It was a well needed break from the concrete jungle I live in. I was happy to be invited along with 15 others to enjoy the weekend together in this beautiful city. We had P&W twice a day. How refreshing to do that in a place like this.
This is an old mosque, built by the Spanish and never used, for that reason.

This town has some amazing old doors. The city is white washed and painted the famous blue. It is painted this way, I believe from the remants of the many Jews who used to live here


































Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jed Carosaari said...

See, when you have posts this good, this is why it's a crime and a sin before God that you don't post more often.