Monday, November 27, 2006

Oh Happy Day

Today, I finally got my cast off! It felt so freeing to have it removed! My ankle didn't come out of the cast totally healed like I would have hoped. It now actually hurts worse than when I had the cast put on! A different kind of hurt though. Its a weak ankle, tight tendons and ligaments hurt. So I will be starting physical therapy 3 times a week for a month! I 've heard that after therapy you hurt much worse. I'm looking forward to that. But atleast I can shower easier now than having to attach large garage bags to my leg in hopes to keep it dry. Through all of this, I've realized I've taken my healthy, fully functioning joints for granted! Don't you do it too!
I think its fairly obvious which foot was in the cast! I also have this gel to put on twice a day as well as hot/cold baths for the ankle twice a day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I know you better already.

Jed Carosaari said...

I feel for you Scot. I remember the same emotions and thoughts when I had my cast removed- though it was easier for me, being in America at the time, where I could use the futuristic leg bags they have for showering.

Course, the broken leg was how I ended up in Morocco. What's God doing for you through this, I wonder?

ST said...

I don't know if I've heard the story of how your broken leg landed you in Mor....